Geotechnical Project Manager
Southern Earth Sciences, Inc. is currently seeking a Geotechnical Project Manager with local experience for its Panama City, Florida, office. Qualified candidates will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, outstanding computer skills, a proven record of successful project management and proposal writing, a strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team. 80% of the time will be spent in the office or with clients. 20% will be field work.
- Interaction with clients and engineers pertaining to various challenges during the design and construction phase of the project
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Drafting and reviewing of engineering reports in accordance with company procedures
- Capable of performing geotechnical analysis based on data from soil borings and CPT Soundings
- At minimum, capable of performing engineering analysis and providing recommendations for:
- Shallow foundation systems discussing soil bearing pressures, detailed settlement analysis (including time-rate analysis), and lateral earth pressures
- Deep foundation systems discussing compression, tension, and lateral capacities, downdrag and group effects, and settlement for driven piles, drilled shafts, and ACIP piles
- Familiar with LRFD and FDOT design requirements pertaining to geotechnical engineering and investigations
- Ensure timely preparation and delivery of all reports
- Provide guidance and ability to mentor to junior level engineers
- Familiar with Shaft, LPile, Apile, and Settle 3D
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- BSCE or MSCE from an accredited program and P.E. in Florida preferred
- 5+ years of experience working as a Professional Engineer
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and MVR
Southern Earth Sciences, Inc. offers competitive total compensation which includes a rich benefit plan: health insurance, dental, vision, disability/life, paid time off, bonuses and 401K. Our employees enjoy a casual atmosphere and dress code, open door policy and camaraderie between co-workers in a company where the employees are treated as the greatest asset.
If you would like to apply for this position please email your resume and/or application to Southern Earth Sciences, Inc., HR Director, Cindy Giddens, at [email protected] If you have any questions, contact Cindy at 251-445-4354.