Construction Materials Testing Technician
Southern Earth Sciences, Inc. is seeking qualified Construction Materials Testing Technicians candidates for positions in various locations along the Gulf Coast.
Construction materials testing experience with applicable certifications
- Nuclear Safety Certification
- ACI Grade I (Field)
- ACI Grade I (Lab)
- ACI Strength Testing Technician
- Asphalt Roadway Technician
- Asphalt Lab Technician
- Computer literacy required
- Good math and science skills
- Valid driver’s license (clean MVR)
- Ability to pass a background check, physical and drug/alcohol test
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Must have a good attitude and an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Write required reports legibly and accurately
- Have reliable transportation and be punctual
Responsible for sampling and testing of asphalt, concrete and soils and the field inspection of miscellaneous construction activities including pile driving, paving and earthwork monitoring. Assist in the training/mentoring of lower level technicians.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB MAY INCLUDE:
- Push a wheel barrow, loaded with concrete, around a construction site with uneven and
rutted ground surface
- Lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height
- Climb in/out of the back of a pick-up truck and shallow trenches
- Use shovels and picks for digging and sampling
- Walk and move around formed areas with rebar in-place and various other obstructions,
prior to and during concrete placing activities
- Bend or squat to lift or move around objects on a construction site
- Use various hand tools, such as saws, hammers and wrenches
- Use specialized equipment for various specific tests (up to 75lbs.) after training
Southern Earth Sciences, Inc. offers competitive total compensation which includes a rich benefit plan: health insurance, dental, vision, disability/life, paid time off, bonuses and 401K. Our employees enjoy a casual atmosphere and dress code, open door policy and camaraderie between co-workers in a company where the employees are treated as the greatest asset.
If you would like to apply for this position please email your resume and/or application to Southern Earth Sciences, Inc., HR Director, Cindy Giddens, at [email protected] If you have any questions, contact Cindy at 251-445-4354.